Monday, June 30, 2008

My Dad is married

So my dad got married....again ... I mean after he got his divorce ... well that was 20 plus years ago so he is now remarried.  Oh jeez. ! 
Congrats Dad ... We wish you and Virginia a happy life together.  
  I didn`t come down for the wedding as it was in City Hall in queens.  I`ve been to the DMV before so I felt this could be skipped.  Lori and I did celebrate with them and his new extended family at a great Churrascaria restaurant in Corona , queens NY called green fields.  
  If you`ve never been to this type restaurant it is killer ... great salad bar and unlimited amounts of meat... I mean MEAT !!! They stop by one after another with prime rib , sausage , chicken , turkey , beef , beef ribs , and so on and so on .  They have skewers and cut you off a nice hot piece every visit.  It was good and I think everyone had a good time.  I`m happy my father has found someone to spend his less harried years with.
  We hit the bronx zoo that morning prior to going out to dinner to keep us busy near this area.  WE love the zoo , unfortunately we forgot the camera so no pics.. It was a bit warm and we didn`t get there til almost 1 so we only went to see the better exhibits like birds of prey , monkees , sea lions , polar bears , otters and others.  I`m thinking we should do another trip , with the camera , get there early and take our time sometime this fall.  k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess missing his "marriage" and referring to his ceremony as a day on line at the DMV is your way of getting back at him for being so late to your wedding.