Thursday, January 17, 2008

Benjamin Franklins Autobiography

Finished this book last week or so , and since lent it to charlie.  I didn`t think I like biographies but have now changed my mind.  Granted this is an autobiography , that is actually written by the author in his own words.  Benjamin Franklin is a wonderful writer.  

Anyway , some of the reasons I lent it to charlie , is that BF loved to discuss and dispute various intellectual topics , science , poetry , politics etc; and was hoping it would inspire Charlie and I to get some discussions going on the message board again.  Reading a topic , and thinking about it critically is one way to learn. But to discuss it , air it out , listen to differences of opinions , 
articulating critical thoughts , that is learning. 

Anyway , some more of my thought on Benjamin Franklin on the Kasual Kafe History Page 

No comments: